Our Houseâ€™s most famous wine was created in 1876 to satisfy the demanding tastes of Tsar Alexander II. The emperor asked Louis Roederer to reserve the Houseâ€™s best cuvÃ©e for him every year. He was particularly fond of the Houseâ€™s wine. To distinguish this cuvÃ©e, this exceptional champagne came in a flat-bottomed, transparent lead-crystal bottle. The new brand was named after this precious material, which is particularly transparent and luminous.